If you are experiencing a download issue i.e. slow/unresponsive, try clearing your Download Cache as detailed below:
- From the Steam Client Window;
- Click on ‘Steam’ (top left-hand corner) followed by ‘Settings’
- Click on the ‘Downloads’ tab
- Click on ‘CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE’
- Try to download the game again.
Should that fail to resolve your download issue, from the Download Section as CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE, try changing your region to another region to see if a better connection can be established:
If the problem persists, please submit a support request for further assistance.
If you are experiencing a download issue i.e. slow/unresponsive, we recommend checking the Epic Games server status.
This can be down via the Epic Games Server Status page [https://status.epicgames.com/] to make sure all systems are operational. If the Epic Games Launcher is affected by an outage or system-wide issue, your issue may be fixed when the problem is resolved.
- Go to ‘Settings’ via the ‘Start’ menu
- Search and open ‘Apps & Features’
- Find ‘Microsoft Store’ within the App list
- Click on the three dots > ‘Advanced options’
- Scroll down and click ‘Repair’
- If it doesn’t help with the download issue, please try the ‘Reset’ button
If nothing above works, please submit a support request stating exactly what you've tried so far, and a member of our team will try to help.